The safeguarding of our staff is of paramount importance and we are providing regular updates to them on both the situation and the necessary precautions to take including hygiene, travel and agile working advice.
Our business continuity action plan
To minimise and mitigate the potential impact on our operations, our ongoing action plan comprises:
- Regular management team meetings to continuously monitor the status of the virus and assess risks to our people, our customers and our business.
- The safeguarding of our staff in relation to travel and hygiene.
- Operational and IT planning to ensure everybody has the tools and ability to work remotely.
- Resource planning including team rotas to enable social distancing so customer teams are appropriately split in terms of remote and office working, in order to reduce the risk of client teams being affected at the same time.
- Business impact analysis to consider long-term solutions that protect our people and ensure that service to our customers remains unaffected.
- Supplier chain management to ensure the impact of services provided to Opus CNC is minimised.
While the infrastructure we have in place puts us in a strong position to minimise our exposure to the potential impacts of the Coronavirus, we will continue to closely monitor the developments of the virus.
Meetings, installs and repairs – what changes we are making
We will be avoiding face-to-face meetings in favour of conference calls, supported by updates on our website, so that our customers and contacts continue to receive regular important industry updates. We are working remotely to carry out any troubleshooting and offer advice accordingly. Spare parts are being sent out when required as usual.
All of our engineers are available 7 days a week to support customers with machine or software issues. For all customers waiting for machine installations, we are still on track for installations to go ahead as planned unless you are told otherwise.
We would like to also ensure customers with on-going warranty are not caused any interruption and have automatically offered an additional 3 months warranty free of charge. You don’t need to do anything this will be added on as a matter of course.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure all of our customers, new and old, we are working in the background and once we are told it is safe to do so, we will return and be ready to offer our usual standard of customer service.