How to cut aluminium on a CNC machine.
- Lubrication is a must on any CNC machine when cutting aluminium regularly.
- Use the correct tool specific for aluminium. On a CNC machine, a dry cut tool can be used if you are cutting aluminium infrequently.
- Slowing down the spindle speed will improve the overall cut and finish.
- Setting the correct feed rate for the tool and the material will improve the cut and help keep the lifespan of the tool.
- Smaller pass depths than standard materials such as wood and plastics will give less stress to the tool. By ensuring smaller passes reduces the risk of tool breakage and material moving.